A Drinking Game
brought to you by Judeosphere.
Here are my favourite drinking opportunities:
Drink one shot whenever...
• An opinion piece opens with the declaration, “You can’t criticize Israel without being accused of anti-semitism” (Note: Drink a second shot when the rest of the article inevitably degenerates into anti-semitism)
• An author of a best-selling book criticizing Israel says that it’s impossible to publish a book or article criticizing Israel
• An adorable animal mascot is murdered by “Zionist thugs” on Hamas TV
• The UN introduces a resolution condemning Israel
• A supposedly “progressive” activist defends or “contextualizes” Holocaust denial
• A Western anti-nuclear activist defends Iran’s sovereign right to nuclear power
A Marxist praises Islamist ideology
• You read an article or commentary that manages to include all of the following words in five consecutive sentences or less: Zionism, racism, apartheid, ethnic cleansing and Nazis. (Note: Drink a bonus shot if you also see the word “octopus” or “tentacles”)
• Juan Cole “clarifies” a threatening statement made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
• Someone posts an anti-semitic comment at the Guardian’s CiF website
Chug half a bottle when...
• A commentator in the Arab world blames the region’s political and economic malaise on someone other than the United States, Israel, or Europe
• The BBC retracts or corrects a story
• The UN Human Rights Council denounces an Arab country
• Someone in the media notices that Qassam rockets are being routinely launched at Israel
"Civilization is not self-supporting. It is artificial. If you are not prepared to concern yourself with the upholding of civilization -- you are done." (Ortega y Gasset)
Saturday, February 16, 2008
A Drinking Game