Monday, May 19, 2008

Comment trail for Monday:



Bobfrombrockley:


YES the Shoah, BUT the Nakba


More essential analysis from Norm:


Seumas Milne ... gives us the pure form of a contemporary leftist trope....



To add to trad left, rococo left, leftover left, indecent left, idiot left, etc: the regrettable left.)

My Comment: "the regrettable left" That's Norm Geras, master of the gentle rebuke and understatement!


Simply Jews: About Numbers and extreme politesse...

My comment: 42

This change in a number signifying some esoteric cosmic and cabalistic knowledge reminded me of a short-short story I once read on Normblog:

Constant (by Mark Whitaker)

Under a moonlit sky he says, 'My love for you is as constant as the North Star.'

She shrugs. 'You're only saying that because you heard it in a song.

''No I'm not. Look at it, it's beautiful. Always there. Something you can rely on.

''It looks a bit flickery to me.

''Oh come on, you know what I mean.

''I think so: that your love is like a ball of hot air that's going to evaporate in a few million years.

''Isn't a few million years enough for you?

''Well it's not very constant.

''OK then. I'll be as constant as... pi.

''You old romantic.

''I tried the stars but they weren't enough, remember?

''Anyway, pi keeps changing.

''Don't be ridiculous!

''It does. It was in the paper last week. The Germans keep adding bits on to the end of it.

''They're not adding bits. It's not changing. It's fundamental! It's the basis of everything.

''So you say.

''So everyone says!

''I don't.

''No, but that's because you...

''I what? I'm not clever enough?

''Stop tricking me like that. Look, why is this so difficult? I'm only trying to tell you I love you.

''Well maybe you should stick to things we both understand.

''OK then, like what?

''What's wrong with just being constant? Full stop. Nothing's as constant as that.

''Right. I'll be constant. Full stop.

''Me too. Come here. I love you, Robert.

''I love you, Constance. But you're a pain in the arse at times."

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seumas Milne ... gives us the pure form of a contemporary leftist trope... -- NormGeras

LOL!

That fellow makes my skin crawl on CiF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home