Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Wright and Oprah

Greta VAN SUSTEREN inteviews Allison Samuels, national correspondent for "Newsweek," who wrote an article about Oprah leaving Reverend Wright's church in this week's "Newsweek,". Here is the part I thought was intereting:

What's -- does Oprah Winfrey have any sort of relationship with the reverend now?

SAMUELS: No, I think they parted, you know, because Reverend Wright had some very unflattering words for her when she did leave the church, sort of indicating that she left because she had become a bigger star and that she didn't want to tithe, she didn't want to give money, very unpleasant things that he had to say about her. So I don't think they have any relationship at all now.

VAN SUSTEREN: So he got mad at her, like he got mad at Senator Obama, I guess, a little bit.

SAMUELS: Yes. I think that -- you know, unfortunately, I think he has somewhat of a vindictive spirit. And I think that, you know, for Obama, I don't know if he was able to recognize that. I think, as people, sometimes we're able to read people sooner than others are. And I think for Obama, he just did not pick up on some of those things, you know, as early as Oprah did. But again, coming from a totally different type of background, and I think that's very important to note.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did Oprah leave the church?

Wright vindictive?

No way!

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home