Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oliver Kamm about Iran's dangerous ambiguities:

The task of western diplomacy is to impress upon the regime that there will in that case be very heavy costs. I have confidence that the EU-3 under the present political leaderships of the UK, France and Germany will give that message. I have no such confidence in the case of Russia. It need hardly be added, but I'll add it anyway, that the self-proclaimed anti-war movement is an obstacle to a pacific resolution of this crisis, to the extent that it portrays Iran as behaving reasonably. The regime is not behaving reasonably: it is deceitful, it is fiercely antisemitic, and it explicitly anticipates the extinction of a member state of the UN. We can't and mustn't accommodate this.

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I have heavily invested in oil stocks for some time now and I am very glad my investment is starting to pay off. I am just hoping that the West and Israel will initiate a full scale war against Iran instead of just idle threats. I am also hoping that Iran will retaliate by destroying their oil fields, and destroy Saudi’s and Iraq’s oil fields with it. It will make me a very RICH man overnight. Please, Israel, destroy Iranian oil fields and make me rich..

 
At 6:51 PM EDT, Blogger The Contentious Centrist said...

I salute the commenter above for his remarkable understanding of the simplicity of the ayatollah regime's insanity and perfidy.

 
At 10:40 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russian strategists have had very similar thoughts to those of this investor. They have backed up these thoughts with policies designed to produce just the outcome he desires.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home