Monday, August 18, 2008

Comment trail for the Monday:

There are days when I just can't be bothered with writing full posts. That's when the comment trail is handy. To remind those of you who are interested that I'm still very much kicking, though out of sorts*, sort of:

Clooney and Obama, Tarantino and the scalping Jews, Simply Jews reports and I comment, feistily.

George Galloway on Engage and the predictable ensuing discussion with some unexpected twists

My post on Darwish on Z-word blog and the thread that follows

(The Yusuf Ibn Ibrahim character reminded me of the good old day on the Charlie Rose message boards, when posters created different personas under different monikers and even went as far as having conversations with themselves.)

Another endless thread on SeattlePI, this time about Johann Hari's latest polemic

(* I don't know why, but renovations at the Contentious Centrist's household bring with them a period of mayhem and unbelievable angst. I have come to the conclusion that in our daily exertions, only a few crises surpass the stress of: 1. relocation; 2. renovation. I don't remember being this despondent even during the days preceding a c-section date with my obstetrician...)

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM EDT, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Thanks for the link and all the best.

As for icy blue eyes - it's me to a dot. Of course, I am more manly than that character you mentioned. Meaning girth-wise.

 
At 10:01 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relocating?
Renovating?
Both?
Are you moving a great distance or across town?

My wife and I are considering moving next year (great distance). Neither one of us is looking forward to it.

"...posters created different personas under different monikers and even went as far as having conversations with themselves."

Reminds me of Indymedia.

 
At 10:11 AM EDT, Blogger The Contentious Centrist said...

We are renovating now with a view to relocating a year from now, to Toronto.

Five years ago we moved to New Brunswick, a move that cost me my PhD. Two years ago we returned to Montreal, a move from which I only began to recover in the last few months... Relocation, for me, has become synonymous with nightmares and failures. I kid you not.

Hopefully the renovations will be done by the end of this week. They were supposed to take no more than two weeks. We are now in the fifth week.

It's funny how these conditions have a dehydrating effect on my ability to think properly and write.

 
At 10:15 AM EDT, Blogger The Contentious Centrist said...

"Reminds me of Indymedia."

Heh. Very perceptive. The posters who were in the habit of doing that would indeed be regular consumers of Indymedia, Antiwar.com, and of course the ubiquitous CounterPunch.

 
At 2:19 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. To put it less eloquently than you, moving sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home