Friday, April 24, 2009

Seven songs that make a spring

I've been tagged by the New Centrist with this meme:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

So here is the list I compiled for New Centrist:

Summer wine

Moliendo cafe

Cuando la tarde languidece
Renacen las sombras
Y en la quietud los cafetales
Vuelven a sentir
Que son triste canción de amor
De la vieja molienda
Que en el letargo de la noche
Parece decir.

Una pena de amor, una tristeza
Lleva el sambo Manuel en su amargura
Pasa incansable la noche
Moliendo café.

Summertime (Here is the original of this version) but any version of Summertime is fine with me

Loner

Sweet Caroline

Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong

Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo

And spring became the summer

Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out

Touching me, touching you...


It's a small world after all (this one dedicated to New Centrist, as he is expecting his first baby)

Shall we dance tango


I'm tagging: Selma, and any other six visitors to my blog who wish to participate... (my blog has recently been flooded by practically thousands of hits, the source of which I cannot find, so among these thousands surely there are a few real people who might be interested in sharing their songs with us).

3 Comments:

At 4:36 PM EDT, Anonymous TNC said...

Thanks for posting your list and the dedication. The guitar player on “Moliendo cafe” is amazing.

 
At 8:03 AM EDT, Blogger bob said...

Wonderful, of course.

I prefer the Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra "Summer Wine", but if anything could ever persuade me to like Bono it is this!

"Moliendo Cafe" - didn't you pick that last year? A very nice version.

I like the Billy Stewart - looks like a groovy performance.

A little coincidence from our corner of the blogosphere: "Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)" also features in Poumista's response to Roland's tag of the same meme...

 
At 8:39 AM EDT, Blogger The Contentious Centrist said...

What can I say? I have a soft spot for bad boys and nothing could look badder than Bono in this vid...

I just checked Poumista's selection. I see he picked a song written by Lorca, a poet I favour. I guess I'll be visiting that blog from now on... I never did before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home