Tuesday, June 03, 2008

StatsCounter News

My StatsCounter is the free and reliable web tracker that counts the number of hits received by my blog and gives me an idea of where my visitors come from.

A few minutes ago, my counter reached 17,000 hits, with the #17,000 being a visitor from Jihomoravsky Kraj, Brno, Czech Republic. The visitor was interested in this post.

It took 18 months for my blog to reach my first 10,000 hits. In the 6 months since this, my counter registered 7,000. That means that traffic in my blog has much increased over the last few months but it is still a very small blog (to understand this size of order take for example Normblog, which announced some 8 months ago that it had reached the 3,000,000 hits milestone since July 2003!).

There is an average of 45 visitors per day.

There are approximately 15-20 regular visitors and the rest get here from googling different subjects.

My most popular blogpost has been this one.

I need to work more creatively on my blog but I've been a little tired, and somewhat intellectually dehydrated lately. I also have to prepare for two discussion courses weekly, which takes away some of the stamina that would otherwise go into my blog.

5 Comments:

At 12:32 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always impressed whenever I visit. What your blog lacks in bells and whistles (pics, videos, and the like) it more than makes up for with your lively commentary, engagement and wit.

BTW:

"intellectually dehydrated"

is great. I will appropriate it in my conversations (w/ proper attribution, of course).

 
At 1:41 PM EDT, Blogger The Contentious Centrist said...

Thanks, NC. Your good opinion is much valued.

 
At 7:40 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Noga~!

 
At 7:47 PM EDT, Blogger The Contentious Centrist said...

Thanks.

 
At 10:49 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the quality of the visitors that counts, Noga, not the quantity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home